Demo Team and Tag Team Sparring is now able to pay as a team at the door instead of online individually.
Please ask your school owner or email email@example.com to have your team registered.
School owners need to login to tkdconnect.com
click on "schools," then "manage registrations" at the top
Click "manage" on our "global open" event
Then "register team" at the bottom
Click "add team" at the bottom
Put in your team information and click "save" at the bottom of the page
It will bring you back to your previous page, then click "pay at door" and you're good to go!
Age brackets (3-6), (8-9), (10-12), (13-17), (18-30), (31-45), (46-54), (55+)
1. Each participant will have one attempt to break with a Drop Kick in the designated area.
2. Participants will attempt to break 1-inch pine boards held by a ring official.
3. The participant's break must be done within 30 seconds. Once the referee declares “Si Jak (begin)”, the participant may not touch the boards.
4. Participant must use the heel or bottom of the foot.The middle of the boards must be at least as high as the participant’s head for drop Kick breaking.
5. Participants may not cover the breaking foot with any bandages, tape or any other material. The referee must approve any injuries that may need to be covered.
6. The participant who breaks the boards with best technical execution will be declared the winner.
- Participant exceeds the 30-second time limit (1 mistake deduction)
- Participant disobeys the referee’s instructions (1 mistake deduction)
- Unsportsmanlike conduct (1 mistake deduction for each occurrence)
(For example, trying to distract other participants, not showing respect to others, etc.)
8. No Break (mistake)(Score of 0)
a. Participant attempts to break the boards twice
b. Participant uses any part of the body OTHER than the heel or bottom of the foot.
c. Participant falls down during the 30-second attempt, touching the ground with any part of the body besides the feet
Touching the boards after the referee declares “Si Jak (begin)” is considered your 1 and only attempt. Any other touching of the boards will result in disqualification.
We have received many questions about head shots, especially for teens and kids.
The answer is that head shots are allowed for all ages and all belts.
The Global Open committee will permit head shots, the reasoning behind this is to help competitors experience Olympic level sparring. We understand that there are safety risks, for that reason, we require everyone to wear a face shield when participating in sparring. We HIGHLY recommend face shields for every competitor, but if students choose not to wear a face shield, they must sign a liability waiver in the ring before the match. If someone does not own a face shield, there will be a limited supply available in each ring to borrow; free of charge. The face shield must be returned at the end of the match. There will be certified referees in each ring, qualified judges, and safety precautions which will be taken into consideration.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 919-217-1555
You can download the form below.
The Global Open organizing committee is offering an exclusive deal to participants, their families, and instructors
- 2 night hotel stay
- Transportation to/from airport, hotel, and competition site
- 3 meals (excluding breakfast which is provided by the hotel)
$100/person includes everything mentioned above
Competitors must register and pay online by April 21, 2018
Hotel rooms are able to accommodate up to 4 people
ONE leader of each group (of 5 or more) is eligible for complimentary services (includes single hotel room)
If anyone traveling from out of state or abroad is interested in lengthening their stay, please communicate with us and we will adjust your accommodations
Come witness a rare opportunity to see Grandmaster Dan King test for his 8th dan black belt. One of Grandmaster Lee's first students, he has dedicated his life to martial arts and practices its values every day. Along with tae kwon-do, he is also a muay thai expert, champion, and teacher. He will be performing his test on Friday, April 27, at Black Belt World HQ in Knightdale
We are pleased to announce that online registration is now open! Be sure to take advantage of our early bird special for a discounted rate! Go to tkdconnect.com/event/25
If you signed up online last year or have used this website for any other tournament, then good news! Your information has been stored, which saves you the time and hassle of having to re-enter everything. Simply login and officially register for our global open!
If you haven't used this site before, no worries, their user-friendly site is a fast and convenient way to enter your information for future use.
If you need help, go to tkdconnect.com and you'll see a tutorial video on their home page.
Click on the "register now" tab on this site or go directly to tkdconnect.com
Please call us at 919-217-1555 for more information!