Age brackets (3-6), (8-9), (10-12), (13-17), (18-30), (31-45), (46-54), (55+)
1. Each participant will have one attempt to break with a Drop Kick in the designated area.
2. Participants will attempt to break 1-inch pine boards held by a ring official.
3. The participant's break must be done within 30 seconds. Once the referee declares “Si Jak (begin)”, the participant may not touch the boards.
4. Participant must use the heel or bottom of the foot.The middle of the boards must be at least as high as the participant’s head for drop Kick breaking.
5. Participants may not cover the breaking foot with any bandages, tape or any other material. The referee must approve any injuries that may need to be covered.
6. The participant who breaks the boards with best technical execution will be declared the winner.
- Participant exceeds the 30-second time limit (1 mistake deduction)
- Participant disobeys the referee’s instructions (1 mistake deduction)
- Unsportsmanlike conduct (1 mistake deduction for each occurrence)
(For example, trying to distract other participants, not showing respect to others, etc.)
8. No Break (mistake)(Score of 0)
a. Participant attempts to break the boards twice
b. Participant uses any part of the body OTHER than the heel or bottom of the foot.
c. Participant falls down during the 30-second attempt, touching the ground with any part of the body besides the feet
Touching the boards after the referee declares “Si Jak (begin)” is considered your 1 and only attempt. Any other touching of the boards will result in disqualification.
We have received many questions about head shots, especially for teens and kids.
The answer is that head shots are allowed for all ages and all belts.
The Global Open committee will permit head shots, the reasoning behind this is to help competitors experience Olympic level sparring. We understand that there are safety risks, for that reason, we require everyone to wear a face shield when participating in sparring. We HIGHLY recommend face shields for every competitor, but if students choose not to wear a face shield, they must sign a liability waiver in the ring before the match. If someone does not own a face shield, there will be a limited supply available in each ring to borrow; free of charge. The face shield must be returned at the end of the match. There will be certified referees in each ring, qualified judges, and safety precautions which will be taken into consideration.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 919-217-1555
You can download the form below.
The Global Open organizing committee is offering an exclusive deal to participants, their families, and instructors
- 2 night hotel stay
- Transportation to/from airport, hotel, and competition site
- 3 meals (excluding breakfast which is provided by the hotel)
$100/person includes everything mentioned above
Competitors must register and pay online by April 21, 2018
Hotel rooms are able to accommodate up to 4 people
ONE leader of each group (of 5 or more) is eligible for complimentary services (includes single hotel room)
If anyone traveling from out of state or abroad is interested in lengthening their stay, please communicate with us and we will adjust your accommodations