Age brackets (3-6), (8-9), (10-12), (13-17), (18-30), (31-45), (46-54), (55+)
1. Each participant will have one attempt to break with a Drop Kick in the designated area.
2. Participants will attempt to break 1-inch pine boards held by a ring official.
3. The participant's break must be done within 30 seconds. Once the referee declares “Si Jak (begin)”, the participant may not touch the boards.
4. Participant must use the heel or bottom of the foot.The middle of the boards must be at least as high as the participant’s head for drop Kick breaking.
5. Participants may not cover the breaking foot with any bandages, tape or any other material. The referee must approve any injuries that may need to be covered.
6. The participant who breaks the boards with best technical execution will be declared the winner.
- Participant exceeds the 30-second time limit (1 mistake deduction)
- Participant disobeys the referee’s instructions (1 mistake deduction)
- Unsportsmanlike conduct (1 mistake deduction for each occurrence)
(For example, trying to distract other participants, not showing respect to others, etc.)
8. No Break (mistake)(Score of 0)
a. Participant attempts to break the boards twice
b. Participant uses any part of the body OTHER than the heel or bottom of the foot.
c. Participant falls down during the 30-second attempt, touching the ground with any part of the body besides the feet
Touching the boards after the referee declares “Si Jak (begin)” is considered your 1 and only attempt. Any other touching of the boards will result in disqualification.
GLOBAL OPEN TAE KWON-DO FESTIVAL
& Carolina Qualifier for US Open Hanmadang
Kukkiwon Style Hanmadang
WT Style Kyeoroogi(Old School Sparring)
Address. 300 Black Belt World Dr. Knightdale, NC 27545 USA
: Raleigh, North Carolina
Tel. (919) 217-1555
E-mail. email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org